Sanguszko Palace
Church St. Anna
   Monastery and Church of Capuchins   Werchracki's manor house   Szaniawski Manor   Town hall and town square
The Zamoyski Museum in Kozłówka   Worth seeing

Sanguszko Palace
of the 16th century, when Piotr Firlej of the Lewart coat of arms founded the town - initially named Lewartów from his coat of arms. Soon he built the first palace, which was inherited by Nicholas II Firlej in 1553. He expanded the palace and also established a magnificent, geometric garden.

In the second half of the 17th century, the castle-shaped palace was passed to the Grand Marshal of the Crown, Józef Karol Lubomirski, and then the building was also expanded, according to the design of the famous architect, Tylman van Gameren.

In the 18th century, Lubartów and the castle destroyed during the Northern War became the property of the Grand Marshal of Lithuania, Paweł Sanguszko. He decided to rebuild the building according to the design of the Italian Baroque architect - Paweł Antoni Fontana.

At the same time, Fontana, commissioned by Sanguszko, was also building the nearby church of St. Anna and the Capuchin monastery. Fontana proved to be excellent, because the effect of the palace reconstruction delighted many. It was then that an elegant baroque palace was built. In the 20th century, the palace burnt down, but the city started to rebuild it and today the palace is once again enchanting.

It houses the Poviat Starosty, therefore it is not open to the public, but you can admire its interior during the opening hours of the Office. The palace is surrounded by a beautiful, well-kept park with a fountain.

In the years 2019-2021, the City Park was thoroughly rebuilt. Works related to this lasted almost two years, and their scope was very wide. It included both green areas, as well as the reconstruction of alleys and the replacement of the entire infrastructure. The assumption was to extract the historical context of this area. The island on the pond was also removed, which was necessary to emphasize the nature of the water reservoir and its functions.

Before the revitalization, there were 36 species of trees and 6 species of shrubs in the park. Currently, 6 species of trees and 19 varieties of shrubs have been planted. In total, 92 new plant species have been introduced to the city garden, incl. perennials, ferns and ornamental grasses. There are also 78 wooden park benches, 34 stone benches and nearly 30 litter bins. There is also a wooden gloriette.

From August 30, 2021, by the decision of the councilors of Lubartów, the prak was given the name: Sanguszków Princes Park.

Church St. Anne from 2008 Minor Basilica
Right next to the park and the Sanguszko Palace, there is a unique, not only on the Lubartów scale, object - the Minor Basilica of st. Anna - built in the years 1733-1738, designed by Paweł Antoni Fontana. The baroque, brick, two-tower church was founded by Paweł Karol Sanguszka. The pediment of the church is decorated with two towers topped with beautiful cupolas and the façade rich in pilasters and cornices. In the rooms above the sacristy there is a parish museum. It contains collections collected over the past 300 years.

The most impressive monument is a chasuble woven with golden thread, donated to the church by prince Sanguszka on the day of the consecration of the temple. More >>>

Monastery and Church of Capuchins
Built in the baroque style in 1737-1741 according to the design of Paweł Antoni Fontana, the complex of buildings includes the monastery and the church of St. Lawrence. The church was founded by Paweł Karol Sanguszka and Mikołaj Krzyniecki from Urzędów.

The monastery, built at the same time, is adjacent to the church and is surrounded by a defensive wall. There is a walking flower garden nearby. The temple is a single-nave building. The interior is decorated with eighteenth-century altar canvases by Szymon Czechowicz. incl. in the main altar "Martyrdom of St. Lawrence "More >>>

Werchracki Manor - Museum of the Lubartów Region
The 19th-century manor house at 28 Kościuszki Street is the seat of the Lubartów Region Museum and the Lubartów Regional Society. The building was donated for this purpose by Dr. Stefan Norbert Werchracki and officially opened in 1970, after a major renovation. The museum has over 2,500 exhibits. Among them are, among others products from the Lubartów faience factory (a ceramics factory founded by Henryk Łubieński operated here in the years 1839-1850).

The museum's collections are also folk handicrafts. Folk costumes from the last century, fabrics, agricultural tools. An interesting fact is the collection of charcoal irons and the so-called soul. The museum is open from Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. On Saturdays and Sundays, tours are possible upon prior arrangement. More >>>

Szaniawski Manor
The manor house was built on a rectangular plan, one-story, wooden, plastered. To the left of the entrance, there is a memorial plaque dedicated to the writer Klemens Junosz-Szaniawski (1849-1898) who once lived here. Currently, the manor is owned by the Parish of St. Anna in Lubartów. In 2020, the manor house was renovated and is home to nuns.

Town hall and town square
The market in Lubartów has undergone significant transformations in recent years. Thanks to the use of EU funds, it was possible to revitalize this part of the city, improve the condition of roads, and complete the missing infrastructure. Today, there are many retail, service and food outlets in the center. It is also a place of cultural events organized in the vicinity of the City Hall. Numerous events make Lubartów the cultural capital of the region.

ratusz rynek lubartow

We invite you to the Tourist Information Point, which will bring you closer to the history and fate of Lubartów. Więcej >>>
ul. Farna 4, 21-100 Lubartów, tel. +48 575 403 125,  e-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Palace in Kozłówka - the Zamoyski Museum in Kozłówka
The palace and park complex of the Zamoyski family in Kozłówka, in the northern part of the Lubelskie Province, 9 km west of Lubartów. Currently, the palace is the seat of the Zamoyski Museum in Kozłówka. In the south of the village there is the Kozłowiecki Landscape Park.

On May 16, 2007, the palace and park complex was entered on the list of Historical Monuments. The palace was built in the years 1736-1742 by the Chełmno voivode, Michał Bieliński, designed by the Italian architect Józef Fontana, who implemented the baroque scheme entre cour et jardin (between the courtyard and the garden). In the years 1799-1944 the estate belonged to the Zamoyski family. The palace experienced its heyday in the times of Konstanty Zamoyski, who in 1903 he established an ordination here. By rebuilding the residence, the count wanted to make it one of the most monumental and representative aristocratic residences.

In 1928, in the gardens surrounding the palace, the training camp of the Polish gymnastics team for the Summer Olympic Games in Amsterdam was organized by the owner of the property and at the same time the president of the Polish Gymnastic Society "Sokół" - Adam Zdzisław Zamoyski. In 1944. after the last owners left the palace, it became the property of the state.

At that time, he was, among others, the museum depot of the Ministry of Culture and Art, and from 1979. is the seat of the museum (since 1992 the Zamoyski Museum in Kozłówka). The interiors have retained their authentic décor from the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries, including: neo-baroque and neo-genius plafonds, stoves in Meissen tiles, marble fireplaces, and oak parquet floors. There is also an extraordinary collection of paintings (mostly family portraits and copies of European painting masterpieces), furniture, sculptures, mirrors, carpets, porcelain, gilded bronzes and silverware, which were once the former furnishings of the palace.

The interiors are perfectly maintained and have a degree of authenticity that is incomparable in Poland and very rare in Europe. Next to the palace there are: a chapel modeled on Versailles with a copy of the tombstone of Zofia Zamoyska née Czartoryska, a garden in the French Baroque style and a coach house. More >>>


Worth seeing

Zamek Lubelski
Państwowe Muzeum na Majdanku
Muzeum Wsi Lubelskiej